Thursday, August 31, 2017

Progress in 3D modeling (Castlevania Portrait revisited)

So!!! it has been a long time again since I posted anything here, and am really neglecting the blog again...meh.

if you guys want more frequent updates you can follow my Twitter as am very active in there now My Twitter.

so to the Juicy stuff! back in 2014 I made an attempt of modeling an Ayami Kojima Style portrait of Hector from Castlevania Curse of Darkness, I was new to modeling at that time and still kinda new to Blender and boy! that was a trash modeling looking back at it! as you can check the link here.
Old Model
I tried to have the bad stuff under the texture work but man that model on proper lighting and matcap looked just horrible but I was learning at that time...

now after a long drag day I needed a break to clear my head so I decided to give it another shot, and in a couple of hours short break included was able to finish and MUCH! better looking face as well as very animation friendly topology.

speed comes from learning and experience.


have a wonderful evening and Happy Eid! and visit me on Twitter! 
Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment