Thursday, February 11, 2016

An MK Fan message to Edboon

Dear Edboon

In advance, I apologies for my English as it is not my first language, and again sorry for the length of this message.

First allow me to introduce my self, I am Zaid Al-Shaheed, a 28 year old guy from Iraq and I want to share with you something that you have offered to many fans like me.

I have had my 1st experience with MK when I was around 8 years old as I remember, we did not have arcade machines in my country but we had shops were you pay by the hour to rent a console and at that time MK was the rave, my dad took me and my elder brother to one of those shops and it was my 1st time to go to one, we sat there and the shop owner ask my dad if he should activate the blood code as I was a kid and my dad was kind of a cool guy and was a horror movie buff and even allowed me to watch Friday the 13th when I was 7 so he was like sure, go ahead, he can handle it.

and when the selection menu came out and the character selection screen and saw subzero and scorpion as a couple of yellow and blue ninja in the freakin game it just blew my mind as I was a ninja fanboy at that age, say ninja and I scream YES! I picked Subzero and me and my brother started playing and when the 1st punch was thrown and the blood was all over the place and made those splash sounds it was completely blown away felt like my face was melting.

After two rounds and the shop owner telling my brother before to handover the control at the time it says fatality and the owner pulled the move and Subzero pulling the head with the spin predator style, that! was a definitive moment in my life when I became a super fan boy of MK.

followed MK 2. MK 3, MK Ultimate with the brutalities that kept me sleepless in school nights mastering moves and getting in local tournaments passing down those Xeroxed copies of MK moves around, ouh boy these were the times.

MK4, Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armagadom, Shaolin Monks, Special Forces, you name it, I played it.

and MK mythologies actually was one of the reasons that I got into the career I am trying to make a breakthrough today, ( Game Design and concept art )

followed the series with every part of it and never missed any, even played the different MK trilogies on different consoles and loved how Scorpion had different Hell fatalities in each version ( my favorite was the Sega Saturn with the Scorpion copies jumping into the screen and beating the living hell out of the other player? My God Priceless and we laughed so hard at it at home )

MKX came out last year and I was really waiting for it but sadly at that time as I am a family man and pursuing game design, am short on money and couldn't get it at that time.

I run my games on PC now as it is my work station and works well with most of the recent Triple A titles, and I can't afford buying a console.

So I have heard along the year a lot of mixed reviews regarding the PC performance of the game and what people has went through but I was like noooooo, it can be like that! this is NetherRealm Studio we are talking about but after my friend showing me how it was preforming on his monster PC it hit me on the head, knowing that am going to miss and MK game because I can not afford having a console, but what hit me harder was the rumor of you guys giving up on the PC version and sticking to consoles, I know it is a business decision and you guys made a wise choice but there are a lot of people who are fans of the game like me who will not be able to play that piece of magnificent bloodfest of awesomeness.

When my wife looked at me and saw how sad I was and asked me what is wrong as she is sitting across me behind my computer in the living room, I told her I won't be able to play MK on PC, she understood my pain as she saw how much I was fanboying on it before the release and after the release, sitting here at 4AM waiting your broadcasts.

I know you guys must have had a lot of time working on the fix for a long time but sometimes technical issues are a B***H and I know that as a game designer, but still I know that you guys on the long run will be able to fix it.

So Mr.Boon, I plead you to consider not canceling the PC release and find a way to make it work as it should, there is a dedicated fan base who are PC owners and even with the shit load of pirated games out there, they will set squeeze them self to pay the game that deserve the money and by Lord Raiden MKX Deserves it.

So please do not give up on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment